If you are fortunate, then you might not face any errors while making changes to iOS. But the fact is such cases can be counted on fingertips. For the rest here are the tricks to resolve this Error.
How to Resolve Error 3194 in iTunes?
Error 3194 occurs in iTunes while updating/downgrading an iPhone or iPad. Whenever you restore or update iPhone, iPad or iPod touch through iTunes; it sometimes pops up an error 3194. When you come across this error, you will see the following message.
“iTunes has detected ab iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.”
So to fix this issue we’re here with some solutions to get rid of 3194 error.
Solution #1 Fix Error 3194 in DFU Mode
- Abort iTunes in MAC/Windows computer.
- Now, you need to open host file. If you have MAC, follow this path /etc/hosts.
- For Windows navigate to this route c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.
- After this, open hosts file with Administrative Rights.
- Now you just need to copy the following line in host file at the end.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with PC using the lighting cable.
- Open iTunes.
- Switch off your iPhone/iPad.
- Now start DFU mode by holding Power & home buttons both at the same time for 10 seconds.
- Then release the power button and at the same time keep holding the home button until you see the message.
“Your device is in recovery mode on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.”
- Now update your iOS using restore features available on iTunes. You will get updated with the latest firmware in your iPhone/iPad/iTouch from here.
- After restoring is completed, Flush DNS cache by starting your device i.e. iPhone/iPad again (restarting).
- Eliminate the last line from host file that you entered recently.
Now, even after following all the steps from solution 1 you are not able to resolve the error then give a try to solution 2.
- You have to follow the same steps as solution one; the only difference is that you need to add following three lines at the end of the host file.
- That’s it. Now, you will be able to resolve the error.
If you are using MAC and come across with this error, following steps would be helpful to you.
- Go to Applications
- Now Open terminal.
- Type the command mentioned below and then press return.
- Enter the password which you are using for signing in your computer and then press return. You won’t be able to see text appearing in the terminal window while entering your password.
- The terminal will display the host file. If you are unable to see a window resembling following window, ensure that you use an administrator password which is not blank.
- Navigate through the arrow keys and find an entry containing “gs.apple.com.”
- Add the symbols # and space (“# “) at the beginning of “gs.apple.com.”
- Now, press the Control-O to save the file.
- Press return button when you are asked for a file name.
- Press Control-X to exit the editor.
- Restart your computer.
- Once your MAC restarts, try updating or restoring iOS device again.
- Reboot the computer.
I hope all the tips mentioned above would have been helpful to you in getting rid of Error 3194. And if still, you are facing problem then go through all the steps & solutions one again and check where you have made a mistake. Still, if you are not able to resolve then ask for help from Apple customer support.